Thank you for your interest in our rental property. The following information is provided to assist you with the rental application process. By completing the application the applicant acknowledges that Christopher Jordan Inc represents the owner of this property.
1. Filling Out Your Application: A separate application is required for spouses and each adult 18 years old and over who will be living in the property. A photo ID is required for all applicants no later than lease signing.
2. Application Fee: The following fees must be submitted with the completed applications: The application fee is $40 per adult (any person living in the home over the age of 18). This fee is non-refundable and submitted in the form of a official check or money order payable to Christopher Jordan Inc or by using the Add to Cart button Below. Please note applications will not be processed until the application fee has been paid. Our address is 3101 American Legion Road Suite 12 Chesapeake, VA 23221.
3. Application Review: In addition to the information on your application the following items will be verified:
A) Income (Provide 2 most recent pay statement, a copy of your LES or 2 years of recent tax returns if self-employed)
B) Outstanding Debts
C) Credit Report will be pulled
D) Rental History will be verified (Any fees incurred to verify residency and/or employment will be paid by tenant to Christopher Jordan Inc. within 24 hours of request.)
E) Employment History will be verified (Active Duty Military may be required to provide a copy of orders)
F) Other Documentation, as required.
A formula is used to determine whether the applicant has sufficient income to pay the rent for the property in question: Monthly payments plus proposed rent divided by monthly gross income must not exceed 40% to receive an acceptable rating for this category. This is an industry accepted ratio and may be adjusted on a case by case basis.
4. Security Deposit: Once the application is approved, the security deposit and any additional fees and deposits must be received within 24 hours by certified funds payable to Christopher Jordan Inc. Additional fees / deposits may be required at this time.
5. Lease: When the security deposit is received, arrangements will be made to sign the lease documents within 7 days. If applicant fails to; execute the lease, return the lease within 72 hours of receipt, honor the terms of the lease, and/or occupy the property shall result in the forfeiture of the portion of security deposits and fees equal to Owner’s actual damages and expenses. Applicant(s) acknowledges that the Agent reserves the right to hold the security deposit until the lease is finalized and applicant(s) should be aware that the property may remain active on the rental market until the lease is finalized.
6. First Month’s Rent & Applicable Fees: Your first month’s rent is due on the lease start date.
7. Remaining Monthly Rent Payments: Rent is to be paid via direct debit, check, or money order. If using direct debit your account will be drafted the evening of the 1st business day of the month. We will provide the enrollment form when you sign your lease. Anyone that wishes to pay their rent via direct debit may be required to pay an additional monthly processing fee in their rent payment. This fee will be addressed in the lease. Rent is due at our office the 1st calendar day of each month.
8. Rental Insurance Policy: Proof of your rental insurance policy may be required by the start date of your lease. Check with your insurance company about flood insurance, loss of use riders and additional (optional)provisions for your protection.
9. DISCLOSURES: After the submission of this application there will be additional disclosures to be signed specific to the premises on this application